|Cognition and Action Laboratory
We investigate the interface between cognitive representations of objects, tasks, and action planning processes using behavioral testing with healthy and brain-damaged participants, voxel-based lesion analyses (VLSM), Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS; in collaboration with Branch Coslett and Steve Jax), eyetracking (in collaboration with Dan Mirman), and Virtual Reality. This work enables us to understand how conceptual representations may be “embodied”, and the aspects of object representations that may be disrupted after stroke to frontal, temporal, or parietal brain regions. In addition, we study the role of spatial and body representations in the control of attention and action.
- Prediction of action events (with Matthieu De Wit)
- The role of abstract kinematics in movement imitation (with Aaron Wong, John Krakauer, and Steve Jax)
- Implicit priming of tool-related actions (with Christine Watson)
- Virtual reality treatment of phantom limb pain (with Katherine Kuchenbecker and Branch Coslett)
- Facilitating representations of tool use with transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (tDCS) (with Steve Jax)
- Functional connectivity of the tool use network (with Steve Gotts, Alex Martin, and Christine Watson)
- The Right Hemisphere Stroke Center at MossRehab - Business Wire (PDF: 141kb / 1 pages)
- Action and non-action sequencing in the left hemisphere (with Ricarda Schubotz)
- Action Network Strengthening Treatment for apraxia (with Myrna Schwartz and Matthieu De Wit)
Naturalistic Action Test
Director: Laurel Buxbaum, PsyD
Matthieu de Wit
Branch Coslett (U. Penn)
Steve Gotts (NIH)
Steve Jax (MRRI)
Soléne Kalénine (U. Lille)
John Krakauer (Johns Hopkins)
Katherine Kuchenbecker (U. Penn)
Alex Martin (NIH)
Dan Mirman (Drexel U.)
Ricarda Schubotz (U. Münster)
Myrna Schwartz (MRRI)
Sharon Thompson-Schill (U. Penn)
Laura Barde, Postdoctoral Fellow Department of Pediatrics Stanford University School of Medicine
Amanda Dawson, Select Medical Corp.
Tania Giovannetti, Associate Professor of Psychology, Temple University
Solene Kalenine, Post-doctoral Researcher, Laboratoire URECA, Université Charles-de-Gaulle Lille III, France
Chia-lin Lee, Assistant Professor, Linguistics Department at National Taiwan University
Richard Palluel-Germain, Psychology and Neurocognition Laboratory, Universite’ Pierre Mendes
Antonella Pavese, Senior User Experience Researcher, Google, Inc.
Konstantinos Tsagkaridis, , Neapolis U.